Voting Assistance


Your Installation Voting Assistance Office (IVAO) B2365, 509-247-2246 is here to help you exercise the very right you protect—your right to vote! We can help you register to vote, request an absentee ballot and notify your local election officials back home of a change of address. The information below is provided for you as you get ready to transition and are thinking of what you must do before and after you make that change in assignment or go on your deployment or separate/retire.

Federal Post Card Application (FPCA):  This if for Uniformed Service personnel and their families. The FPCA can be used to register to vote, provide an updated address, as well requesting an absentee ballot. PLEASE GO TO https://www.fvap.gov/fpca-privacy-notice and use the FPCA Wizard that will help you register, request your absentee ballot and/or change your address while providing you with all of your state-specific information and requirements to vote!

Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB): The FWAB can be used as a backup in case you have already registered to vote or sent in an FPCA to both register and request your absentee ballot, but you have not yet received your absentee ballot from your State within 30 days of the election. Like the FPCA, you can go online to fill in the FWAB at:   https://www.fvap.gov/fwab-privacy-notice and use the FWAB Wizard that will help you to vote in Federal elections, even filling in your candidate choices based on your State of residence!

Both the FPCA and FWAB Wizards will provide you with a filled-in form. All you have to do is print, sign and date it, and return it to your election official via the directions provided (some States allow you to fax, and/or e-mail your signed form if you scan and PDF it to your computer).

National Mail Voter Registration Form (NVRF): This is for all other US citizens or military personnel not absent from their voting jurisdiction. If you are in one of these categories and new to the area, or will be separating/retiring, then you’ll need to advise your local election official (LEO) that you will no longer be considered a military voter. The NVRF can then be used to notify your LEO of your address change. This form can be found on the Election Assistance Commission website at: www.eac.gov   or you can get it via the FVAP.gov website at:   http://www.fvap.gov/military-voter/transition

You’ll need to download/use state-specific instructions for this voting form.

Your Voter Assistance Office can help you fill in and mail off your voting materials if you need the assistance. Please contact IVAO 509-247-2246 or visit the office at Bldg 2365 (A&FRC).


Federal endorsement not intended. The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the U.S. Air Force or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and morale, welfare and recreation sites, the U.S. Air Force does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links provided are consistent with the stated purpose of this DoD website.