Moving Off Base



 Moving Off Base 

Normally it takes a few years for airmen to get out of the dorms. A Senior Airman (E-4) can move out of the dorms if permitted at three years in the Air Force. That’s three years’ time in service as an E-4.

However, there are occasions where you can move out of the Air Force dorms early. When your base has a near full dorm capacity you can get put on a list to move off base to allow newly arriving airman a dorm room. Airman that have been in the dorms longer will be at the top of this list. So the longer you’ve been in the dorms the better your chances.

Either way, if you are looking to move out of the dorms and have been told by your leadership that you need to complete a budget appointment in order to get approved, that’s where the Airman and Family Readiness can help. To help you, we need to get a snapshot of where you are at. You can download the Moving Off Base packet and start filling out the budget worksheet, along with the Statement of Understanding that immediately follows the budget.

Moving Off Base Packet

Moving Off Base Brief


Federal endorsement not intended. The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the U.S. Air Force or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and morale, welfare and recreation sites, the U.S. Air Force does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links provided are consistent with the stated purpose of this DoD website.